Category: Entertainment

Entertainment

  • Sophie Ndaba quits acting after 25 years

    Sophie Ndaba quits acting after 25 years

    Sophie Ndaba quits acting after 25 years in the game.

    The 49-year-old will be celebrating a milestone by taking a break while focusing on her business.

    “I am taking a break to rebuild my business, Sophie Ndaba Events. I want to focus on it.”

    Sophie is hurt by her decision despite knowing before time.

    “I knew that one day I’d leave to grow in the industry, but it was painful as it was my home,” she said.

    Sophie said she took this year off after shooting Family Secret season two for SABC1 last year.

    “I am creative because I have talent, even though I didn’t go to school for it,” she said, adding that she started acting at 17 and learned from people such as Lilian Dube and Sello Maake kaNcube.

    Speaking to Daily Sun, the star dropped a piece of advice.

    “Go for your dreams and if you believe you have talent, never give up,” said Sophie.

    She also became an advocate and motivational speaker after being diagnosed with diabetes which has become a part of her lifestyle.

    Ndaba has encountered several health challenges, but she overcame and slammed the death hoax.

     

    View this post on Instagram

     

    A post shared by Otsile Sefolo (@otiz_seflo)

    Source-fakazanews

    In Other News- Motshidisi Mohono celebrates 34th birthday

    Sports broadcaster, Motshidisi Mohono is excited about her birthday as she turns 34 years old today.

    Motshidisi Mohono

    The South African star took to social media to announce her birthday this Thursday. Learn more

  • Motshidisi Mohono celebrates 34th birthday

    Motshidisi Mohono celebrates 34th birthday

    Sports broadcaster, Motshidisi Mohono is excited about her birthday as she turns 34 years old today.

    The South African star took to social media to announce her birthday this Thursday.

    Motshidisi writes a beautiful note to herself on things she hopes to achieve in this new year; she also appreciated herself for her achievements.

    “Happy Birthday. Joy looks so good on you, babe. You are truly becoming the woman you’re meant to be, and I am so proud of you. This year, make time for fun; dance and let your hair down. You’ve earned it! Travel. And rest more. Keep taking good care of yourself. In the year of 34, elevate without fear. Take your place on the world stage, and don’t play small.”

    “Have a fabulous year ahead, knowing that Modimo le badimo is by your side – always. Eyes haven’t been seen, MaMotaung! You’re going to do great things. May God’s infinite glory, grace, and peace be upon you. Lesedi. Kganya,” she wrote.

    Source-fakazanews

    In Other News- Cassper Nyovest reveals why he wants to fight Big Zulu

    Cassper Nyovest reveals why he wants to fight Big Zulu despite the stature difference.

    Cassper Nyovest

    Just like the fight he had against Priddy Ugly, many have foretold Nyovest’s loss as the iMali Eningi hitmaker is bigger in size. Learn more

  • Cassper Nyovest reveals why he wants to fight Big Zulu

    Cassper Nyovest reveals why he wants to fight Big Zulu

    Cassper Nyovest reveals why he wants to fight Big Zulu despite the stature difference.

    Just like the fight he had against Priddy Ugly, many have foretold Nyovest’s loss as the iMali Eningi hitmaker is bigger in size.

    Speaking to TshishaLIVE, Cassper exuded confidence in knocking out Big Zulu and further said he doesn’t fight people of the same size as him in other to avoid false narratives.

    “Every day I think about it. It’s a challenging fight but it’s time I challenged myself. I think fighting guys that are my size will look rigged, so I want to take on someone who is big and people are scared of … but I’m going to knock him out,” Cass wrote.

    Speaking about the boxing match against Priddy Ugly, Cassper Nyovest applauded the rapper, saying he is fit and will be a good fighter despite being knocked out.

    “I think the weight thing was a bit unfair, so I’d like to see him fight someone his size as far as weight [is concerned]. I think he’d make a great fighter, he’s very athletic. I respect him for that,” he said.

    Source-fakazanews

    In Other News- Londie London shares beautiful photos of herself and kids in matching PJs

    Londie London is in the Christmas mood as she has share photos of herself with her beautiful kids.

    Londie London

    The star had a rough time a few months ago after she officially confirmed her split from her husband, businessman Hlubi Nkosi. Learn more

  • Ama Qamata gushes over role on Congolese drama film, ‘Fight like a Girl’

    Ama Qamata gushes over role on Congolese drama film, ‘Fight like a Girl’

    Ama Qamata is over the moon as she has joined the cast of the Congolese drama film Fight like a Girl.

    The 2022 People’s Choice nominee features alongside Hakeem Kae-Kazim as a young Congolese woman forced to work in an illegal mineral mine who escapes her captors and finds a new life f after joining a renowned all-women boxing club in the border city of Goma.

    The cast also includes Rwandan actors Malaika Uwamahoro, Kennedy Mazipaka, and Arthur Nkusi, and Congolese boxing champion Clerck Ntambwe making her acting debut.

    The story is set against a real-life boxing team the writer and director Matthew Leutwyle and his producing partner Anton Laines have been following for the past two years in the Democratic Republic of the Congo as part of an upcoming docu-series.

    Qamata recently wrapped up shooting the third season of Netflix’s hit series Blood and Water.

    In a sit-down with Mpoomy Ledwaba on the Wisdom and Wellness podcast, Ama revealed she was an actress and co-producer in the film as she wanted to be more involved in the creative process of filmmaking.

    “I want to be intentional. I want to be positioned in a way where we say this is Africa’s girl. When things are aligned there are challenges, but the challenges are there to grow and teach you something.”

    Source-fakazanews

    In Other News- Boohle gets surprised at her son’s birthday party

    Boohle receives an exciting surprise while hosting her son’s 5th birthday party.

    Boohle

    The singer revealed that her team presented plaques marking a huge musical feat. Learn more

  • Boohle gets surprised at her son’s birthday party

    Boohle gets surprised at her son’s birthday party

    Boohle receives an exciting surprise while hosting her son’s 5th birthday party.

    The singer revealed that her team presented plaques marking a huge musical feat.

    “I Hosted my son’s 5th birthday yesterday and it ended in a way I never expected, with loads of emotion. My management and my family decided to surprise me with two Plaques,” she wrote.

    Boohle’s Sfikile EP has been certified multiplatinum; her collaboration with Cassper Nyovest and Abidoza, Siyathandana has gone multiplatinum also.

    The hitmaker further celebrated hitting 1 million followers on Instagram.

    “What a way to end 2022 with a BANG‼️ And Happy Birthday to the love of my life,” she added.

    Check out the photos below:

     

    View this post on Instagram

     

    A post shared by Boohle🇿🇦 (@boohle_sa)

    Source-fakazanews

    In Other News- Kelly Khumalo threatened after walking off stage during performance in Botswana

    Kelly Khumalo walks off stage during a performance in Francistown, Botswana on 17th December.

    Kelly Khumalo

    The pregnant singer was there to headline the Jazz Mu Toropo Festival, and the stadium had security guards and a few fans in attendance. Learn more

  • Arthur Lukhele retires from radio after 40 years

    Arthur Lukhele retires from radio after 40 years

    Arthur “Shushu Baby’’ Lukhele has announced that he has finally put down his mic. This is coming after a broadcasting career spanning 40 years and now he is proud to be retiring,

    Arthur will have his last show on Wednesday on RISE FM. His radio career started in 1982 on Lingwalagwala FM formerly known as Radio Swazi before he joined the Rise FM as a sports presenter on afternoon drive show in 2018.

    Arthur Lukhele

    He also co-hosted the Rise FM sports show every Friday until December 2021. Station manager Lance Claasen said RISE FM has declared December 14 as “Shushu Day,’’ dedicating the whole day to celebrating the radio legend through reflections of his career span.

    “This will see all the day time shows featuring interviews with people he has worked with over the past four decades. Retiring on air is a rare occasion in broadcasting. In my entire career, this is my first retirement of an on-air personality. The brutal efficiency of broadcasting, often limits veterans to say good bye on their terms” said Classen.

    Source: Fakazanews

    In other news – Murdah Bongz is in serious trouble

    Former Black Motion member, Murdah Bongz has been accused of housebreaking and stealing. The musician’s former record label boss, Moses Nkia Mokgoko has opened a case of theft and housebreaking against him.

    Murdah Bongz

    Mokgoko reportedly owns Spirit Motion, the record label that Black Motion is signed to. Learn more

  • Murdah Bongz is in serious trouble

    Murdah Bongz is in serious trouble

    Former Black Motion member, Murdah Bongz has been accused of housebreaking and stealing. The musician’s former record label boss, Moses Nkia Mokgoko has opened a case of theft and housebreaking against him. Mokgoko reportedly owns Spirit Motion, the record label that Black Motion is signed to.

    According to Sunday World, DJ Zinhle’s husband broke into the group’s Centurion house on Thursday, 15th of December. Bongani “Mörda” Mohosana carted away studio monitors, a television set, computer hard drives, and a mixing desk; a forced entry was also noticed. It’s reported that this isn’t the first time Bongz is caught stealing valuables from the house.

    Murdah Bongz

    “This is not the first time he did this. A few weeks ago, he allegedly went to the house and trashed it. He then went into the studio and allegedly deleted some of the songs Smol and Problem Child had recorded. Thereafter he allegedly took Thabo’s passport and left.”

    “After some discussions with him, they decided to let it slide and not press charges. They instead changed the door locks,” said the source.

    Gauteng SAPS spokesperson Colonel Noxolo Kweza confirmed to The South African website that a case of theft and housebreaking was indeed opened, but no arrest has been made.

    Source: Fakazanews

    In other news – Zoleka Mandela to donate her frozen eggs

    Zoleka Mandela has revealed her intention to donate her frozen eggs.

    Zoleka Mandela

    The star who is the daughter of Zindziswa Mandela opened up about her own battle with cancer and has been an inspiration to many. Learn more

  • Zoleka Mandela to donate her frozen eggs

    Zoleka Mandela to donate her frozen eggs

    Zoleka Mandela has revealed her intention to donate her frozen eggs. The star who is the daughter of Zindziswa Mandela opened up about her own battle with cancer and has been an inspiration to many.

    In recent months, Zoleka shocked many of her followers when she revealed that her cancer had returned and this time she was given a terminal cancer diagnosis, which meant she was now living on borrowed time.

    Zoleka Mandela

    “Yesterday (29.08.2022) marked my official diagnosis, the CT scan has revealed cancer both in my liver and lungs. I am yet to receive feedback regarding my Bone scan, to establish whether I have cancer beyond my ribs. I am hanging on by a thread.

    Zoleka Mandela

    As she has come to terms with her terminal diagnosis, Zoleka took to Twitter to ask for advice over her remaining frozen eggs.

    She posted a poll as to ask her followers advice as to what to do with the remaining frozen eggs she has.

    Her question comes off the back of realising that she will not be able to have anymore children naturally and given that her diagnosis was now terminal, having a child via surrogacy now would mean she would very likely not be able to take care or see them grow up

    Source: Fakazanews

    In other news – Toss explains why he missed gigs

    Toss expresses frustration after being blamed for missing gigs. The South African star was to perform in East London but couldn’t make it to the event and many blamed him.

    Toss

    He further revealed that a promoter caused it and that there were lots of potholes on the road which almost claimed his life and other people’s lives. Learn more

  • Toss explains why he missed gigs

    Toss explains why he missed gigs

    Toss expresses frustration after being blamed for missing gigs. The South African star was to perform in East London but couldn’t make it to the event and many blamed him.

    He further revealed that a promoter caused it and that there were lots of potholes on the road which almost claimed his life and other people’s lives. Taking to social media, he explained the reason for the no-show.

    Toss

    “Missed my gig in East London cause of a promoter in Dubai and I was the one to blame. People, I stomached it. Now I just missed two gigs cause we hit five potholes, we almost lost our lives. We are still stuck, but they are insulting me. I don’t know what to do.

    Some of his fans applauded him for not risking his lives.

    Source: Fakazanews

    In other news – Jo-Ann Strauss remembers her late brother

    Jo-Ann Strauss has taken to her social media to pay tribute to her late brother. Last year, the star announced her brother passing as she shared a photo of them together.

    Jo-Ann Strauss

    Jo-Ann did not give much details about her brother’s passing but she shared that he is the best brother she had. Learn more

  • Jo-Ann Strauss remembers her late brother

    Jo-Ann Strauss remembers her late brother

    Jo-Ann Strauss has taken to her social media to pay tribute to her late brother. Last year, the star announced her brother passing as she shared a photo of them together.

    Jo-Ann did not give much details about her brother’s passing but she shared that he is the best brother she had. In her post on Instagram, she said she is privileged to know him and thanked him for all what he did. She said she is grateful for the 36 years she had with him.

    “One whole year without the best brother in the world physically at my side, but he has been with us every step and I am grateful that I had 36 years with him earthside. Lief jou, my Broertjie, our Bru, Uncle Bru. Heinrich Jon Strauss. You’ll always be with us. One week before Christmas you were called elsewhere and now, this song has a meaning I never imagined. So grateful my dad and I could go to France and the snow and celebrate this man of the mountains.

    Source: Fakazanews

    In other news – Blxckie announces partnership with Hunter Cider3

    Blxckie announces partnership with Hunter Cider. The rapper excitedly shared the news with his followers on Instagram.

    Blxckie

    He further revealed that he is excited to be part of the brand, and he hopes to take it to the next level. Learn more